The Wet Mountain Tribune Our local weekly newspaper since 1883. 404 Main Street. (719) 783-2361 www.wetmountaintribune.com
- KLZR FM 91.7 Our local, substainable, interactive community radio station. 103 S 2nd St (719) 783-0987 - Stream us at www.klzr.org
- SilverWest Airport Located 9 miles south of Westcliffe on Hwy 69 and is adjacent to Silver West Estates, a fly in/out community. It offers a 54' wide x 7,000' long paved runway. 360 CR 310 (719) 371-7784 | www.silverwestairport.com
Call for hours since some change with the seasons.
- The Alpine Lodge Located on the East slope of Sangre de Cristo Mtns (719) 783-2660
- Chappy's Bar & Grill 213 Main Street (719) 783-0813
- Tony's Mountain Pizza 630 Main Street (719) 783-9300
- Hwy 96 Roadhouse 404 Main St. (719) 783-3331
- Chopsticks Asian Grill 62 Main Street (719) 783-4040
- Rancher’s Roost Café & Banquet Room. 2 Main Street (719) 783-4147 www.clifflanes.com
- Westcliffe Wine Mine 109 N 3rd St (719) 783-2490
- Hunger Buster Drive-In 824 Main St (719) 783-9228
- Silver Dome Saloon 110 Main St. (719) 783-9458
- Subway 425 S. Sixth St. (719) 783-2748
- Candy's 103 S 2nd St (719) 783-9516
- Lowe's Westcliffe Supermarket (719) 783-0550
- Sunflower Natural Foods (719) 783-9266
- Elevation Meat Market (719) 783-4263
- Sugar & Spice Mountain Bakery (719) 783-4045
Fitness and Fun
- Health Club and Pool 50 Main St, Silver Cliff - Altitude Community Fitness offers a 25-meter lap/swimming pool, gym, personal training, yoga classes and more. (719) 783-0750 www.atlitudecommunityfitness.org
- Bowling – Cliff Lanes, located in Westcliffe, offers 8 automated bowling lanes, an arcade, community room and the Rancher’s Roost Cafe. (719) 783-2031 | www.clifflanes.com
- Tennis Courts on Hermit Lane. To get to Westcliffe’s new tennis courts, drive into Westcliffe and make a left on 4th Street. Go to the Hermit Lane, just past the park, and make a right on Hermit Lane. The tennis courts are located immediately on your left.
- Jones Theater 119 Main St, movie and theater house; live theater productions, first run movies and concerts ranging from jazz to bluegrass to opera (call or check website for schedules)
(719) 783-3004 | www.jonestheater.com
Arts ,Culture and Events
- Great information regarding all that is Westcliffe. www.visitcustercounty.com
- 3rd Street Gallery Operated by the Sangres Art Guild, the gallery displays and sells regional artwork. 59000 N Hwy 69 (719) 315-6045 www.sangresartguild.org
- Greenstone Artworks Representing the art of select Colorado artists. Also provides studio & classroom space. 100 Main St (719) 315-6048 www.greenstoneartworks.com
- Brookwood Gallery Representing the art of the local Mefeld family. 211 Main St (719) 783-2166 www.brookwoodgallery.com
- Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts Located at the Jones Theater at 119 Main St. Live theater productions and concerts. (719) 783-3004 www.jonestheater.com
- Jones Theater 119 Main St. First run movies year round. (719) 783-3004 www.jonestheater.com
- Mission Wolf 13388 CR 634. Wolf sanctuary located in the remote mountains. Vistors welcome. (719) 859-2157 www.missionwolf.org
- Smokey Jack Observatory South Adams Blvd. Hosting year round star parties. (719) 398-1284 www.wetmtndarkskies.org
- High Mountain Hay Fever Bluegrass Festival (719) 783-0883 www.highmountainhayfever.org
- Westcliffe Stampede Rodeo (719) 371-2503 www.wmvsc.com
- Custer County Cowboy Gathering (719) 783-9100 www.custercountycowboygathering.com
- High Peaks Music Festival (719) 783-0987 www.highpeaksmusicfestival.org
- Art For The Sangres (719) 783-3018 www.sanisabel.org
- Valley Strong Community Dinner email@example.com www.valleystrong.us
- Hardscrabble Mountain Trail Run (719) 783-3018 www.sanisabel.org
- The Bluff Park At the west end of Main Street one block west from the heart of the downtown district. Dog walking, picnicing & relaxing.
- Hermit Lane Park (Tennis Courts/Soccer Fields/Covered Pavillion).
- Westcliffe Town Park Between 3rd and 4th Street. Playground.
White Water Rafting
- Arkansas River Tours/Cotopaxi (800) 321-4352 www.arkansasrivertours.com
- Journey Quest Whitewater Rafting (888) 623-7939 www.journeyquest.org
- High Mountain Lakes The Sangre de Cristo Mountains offer many high mountain lakes and streams for all varieties of angling. There are several hiking and mountain trail guides that identify many of the local lakes and how to get to them.
- Fly-fishing Southern Colorado and the Arkansas River offers some of the best fly-fishing in the state. Sign up for a 1/2 day or full day guided fly fishing trip, both on the river and along it's beautiful shores. Learn from the pros. RoyalGorgeAnglers/Arkansas River (888) 994-6743 | www.RoyalGorgeAnglers.com
- ArkAnglers FlyFishing Arkansas River (719) 539-4223
- Float Fishing Guides: Arkansas River Tours/Cotopaxi (800) 321-4352 | www.arkansasrivertours.com
- Bear Basin Ranch Bear Basin offers horseback riding for beginners to experienced riders.
(719) 783-2519 | www.BearBasinPacktrips.com.
- Music Meadows Ranch Matching the right thouroughly trained horse to each riders skill level and confidence. Range Rides, Picnic Rides, Sunrise Ride, Horse Camping, Full Moon Rides, Unguided Trail Riding. (719) 783-2222 http://musicmeadows.com
- Rainbow Trail One of the areas best know hiking trails, the Rainbow Trail runs horizontally along the Sangre de Cristo Mountains at around 9-10,000 feet. The trail can be accessed by one of the many roads that head up into the Sangre range.
- Other hiking trails The Sangre de Cristo and Wet Mountains offer a variety of hiking options, too many to include here. We have several hiking trail books and maps at our office and local merchants also offer information on hiking in the area.
- Custer County Medical Center (719) 783-2380 | www.custercountymedicalcenter.com
- Luis Marquez D.C. (719) 783-2802
- Valley Assisted Living (719) 783-4401 www.valiassistedliving.com
- Custer County Nursing Service (719) 783-2720
- Custer County Search & Rescue (719) 783-0442 | (719) 783-0146
- Christina Macleod, Acupuncturist (719) 371-1315 www.christinamacleod.com
- Cathy Crelling In Home Massage (719) 569-6153 www.massagewestcliffe.com
- Hair Experts (719) 783-4025
- Mirror Image (719) 783-0555
- The Mane Attraction Salon (719) 269-8608
- Town & Country Salon (719) 783-3433
- Elevations Salon (719) 783-9633
- Marilyn Adams Skin Care (719) 439-5585
- Hillside Colorado Cottages 59424 CO-69 (970) 631-3786 www.townofhillside.com
- Alpine Lodge 6848 Co Rd 140 (719) 783-2660 www.custercountycowboygathering.com
- Lamp Post Lodge 59450 CO-69 (719) 783-2876 www.lamppostlodge.com
- Music Meadows Ranch 6076 Co Rd 119 (719) 783-2222 www.musicmeadows.com
- Westcliffe Inn 57975 S Hwy 69 (719) 783-9275 | www.westcliffeinn.com
- Dark Skies Vacations (720) 810-1260 www.darkskies.vacations
- Dazzler's Best Casita B&B 5001 Hwy 96 (719) 783-0924
- Grape Creek RV Park 56491 CO-69 (719) 783-2588 http://www.grapecreekrv.net
- Wet Mountain RV Park & Cabins 816 Main St (719) 783-2248 www.wetmtnrv.com